COLLECTION GARMENT CARE TIPS
- What is the best way to wash my Tallulah & Hope garment?
- Collection sizing
- Tallulah & Hope limited-edition prints
- What happens if you sell out of an item I would like to buy?
- What is the best way to wear my new Tallulah & Hope purchase?
- More helpful tips
- Do you have any packing tips?
Plain Coloured kaftans
These have been dyed to our specific colour tones and this process has created sensitivity in the fabric. Our Classic Long, Classic Short and Chiton kaftan in marine black (actually a very, very dark green) and the Classic Long and Chiton in teal MUST BE DRY CLEANED to avoid shrinkage.
All our printed kaftans can be hand-washed or dry-cleaned. It is advisable to wash your kaftan in cool water and iron whilst a little damp – they also drip dry very well. Do not wash in hot temperatures as this may cause the kaftan colours to alter and the material to shrink. Do not use strong detergent or bleaching agents.
Made from 100% crepe de chine, we advise hand-washing in lukewarm water and allow to drip-dry. Warm iron.
Our Hooded Cape Poncho and our Circle Cape Poncho are dry-clean only.
Cotton Pocket Poncho
These beautiful soft ponchos are 100% cotton and each one is handmade. Due to this there may be very slight differences between garments. We recommend a maximum 40 degrees hand-wash. Do not wring but pull to shape and dry flat on a towel. They can also be dry-cleaned.
Cotton Pareos and vintage Ascher scarves
Are all 100% cotton and will machine wash very happily at 40 degrees and soften beautifully with use and washing.
100% cotton voile and machine washable at 40 degrees.
Can be cleaned and cared for using a suede brush or sponge to remove marks and raise the pile.
Which is the best size for me?
Most of our kaftans and all our ponchos are one size and have been carefully designed to feel relaxed, easy to wear and luxurious. The cut, style, drape and materials mean that our ponchos and kaftans will comfortably fit women between sizes 8 – 14.
Hero and Chiton kaftans
Hero and Chiton kaftans come in one size only. With the unique addition of your Tallulah & Hope scrunchie our Chiton and Hero kaftans can be ruched, cinched or tied to optimise your body shape.
Classic Long and Classic Short kaftans
Our Classic Long and Short kaftans come in two sizes; S/M (will fit 8/10/12) and M/L (will generously fit a 14). Please see the size guide below to help find the best kaftan for you.
Click here to view the size guide
These are very simple, elegant garments and look their best if the size and fit are kept generous. If you are between a size 12 and 14 opt for a M/L, or a size 12 on top and a size 14 on the bottom half go for the larger size, M/L.
Alternatively you can measure both your bust and hips and use the largest measurement to select the correct kaftan.
- Measuring bust: place the tape measure under your arms, across your shoulder blades and over the fullest part of your bust. Remember to breathe out first.
- Measuring hips: measure around the fullest part of your bottom at the top of the leg, at about 20cm/8 “ below your natural waist.
Our signature prints are produced in relatively small runs. This allows each design to remain exclusive and special; it also allows us to keep things fresh for our customers by regularly introducing new print stories.
The primary aim of Tallulah & Hope will always be to accommodate our customers needs. However there may be the odd occasion that we are unable to fulfil demand. Please email or call us and we will do our very best to find you what you want.
Click on the 'How To' box on each item page to get some help and ideas on how best to wear your Tallulah & Hope garments. Our 'How To' videos give styling tips on how to:
- tie a scrunchie on a Hero kaftan
- tie a scrunchie on a Chiton kaftan
- attach a self tie belt from a Classic Long or Short kaftan to a Scarf Belt
- tying a Pareo across the body or as a neck scarf
- attaching a vintage Ascher scarf to a Scarf Belt
- Allow sun creams, oils and moisturisers to be absorbed by the skin before getting dressed in your Tallulah & Hope kaftan to avoid unsightly marks and stains.
- If you are drying your kaftan on a line to dry, hang it upside down and place pegs at the bottom hem of the garment. This will prevent ‘peg marks’ on the shoulders.
- Be mindful when carrying straw baskets or bags with buckles and catches as they can cause ‘pulls’ in the silk of your Tallulah & Hope kaftan.
- A creased Tallulah & Hope kaftan can be hung in a warm bath or shower room and the wrinkles and creases will fall out.
- Tallulah & Hope ponchos and pareos (worn as a scarf) are ideal for long journeys; being warm, comfortable and super stylish.
To minimise creases and protect your Tallulah & Hope purchase when travelling we strongly advise you retain the tissue your garments arrived in and use it to wrap your kaftan/ponchos in when packing your suitcase.