Frequently Asked Questions
All our garments have been crafted using the highest quality fabrics. Properly cared for they will continue to look and feel fabulous for years.
COLLECTION GARMENT CARE TIPS
What is the best way to wash my Tallulah & Hope garment?
All our silk printed kaftans can be hand-washed or dry-cleaned. It is advisable to wash your kaftan in cool water and iron whilst a little damp – they also drip dry very well. Do not wash in hot temperatures as this may cause the kaftan colours to alter and the material to shrink. Do not use strong detergent or bleaching agents.
For poly georgette printed kaftans machine wash cool wash do not tumble dry.
Which is the best size for me?
Most of our kaftans and all our ponchos are one size and have been carefully designed to feel relaxed, easy to wear and luxurious. The cut, style, drape and materials mean that our ponchos and kaftans will comfortably fit women between sizes 8 – 14.
Our Long kaftan dresses come in two sizes; S/M (will fit 8/10/12) and M/L (will generously fit a 14). Please see the size guide below to help find the best kaftan for you.
These are very simple, elegant garments and look their best if the size and fit are kept generous. If you are between a size 12 and 14 opt for a M/L, or a size 12 on top and a size 14 on the bottom half go for the larger size, M/L.
Alternatively you can measure both your bust and hips and use the largest measurement to select the correct kaftan.
- Measuring bust: place the tape measure under your arms, across your shoulder blades and over the fullest part of your bust. Remember to breathe out first.
- Measuring hips: measure around the fullest part of your bottom at the top of the leg, at about 20cm/8 “ below your natural waist.
Tallulah & Hope packing tips?
To minimise creases and protect your Tallulah & Hope purchase when travelling we strongly advise you retain the tissue your garments arrived in and use it to wrap your kaftan/ponchos in when packing your suitcase.
Tallulah & Hope limited-edition prints
Our signature prints are produced in relatively small runs. This allows each design to remain exclusive and special; it also allows us to keep things fresh for our customers by regularly introducing new print stories.
What happens if you sell out of an item I would like to buy?
The primary aim of Tallulah & Hope will always be to accommodate our customers needs. However there may be the odd occasion that we are unable to fulfil demand. Please email or call us and we will do our very best to find you what you want.
MORE HELPFUL TIPS
- Allow sun creams, oils and moisturisers to be absorbed by the skin before getting dressed in your Tallulah & Hope kaftan to avoid unsightly marks and stains.
- If you are drying your kaftan on a line to dry, hang it upside down and place pegs at the bottom hem of the garment. This will prevent ‘peg marks’ on the shoulders.
- Be mindful when carrying straw baskets or bags with buckles and catches as they can cause ‘pulls’ in the silk of your Tallulah & Hope kaftan.
- A creased Tallulah & Hope kaftan can be hung in a warm bath or shower room and the wrinkles and creases will fall out.
- Tallulah & Hope ponchos and pareos (worn as a scarf) are ideal for long journeys; being warm, comfortable and super stylish.